Holiday Open House @ the Nest

Okay, I am going to admit one of my favorite things to do…look inside people’s houses. I think we all do. This time of year especially. I love looking in houses as I drive by, seeing the decor or people moving around. A house always looks warm & fuzzy looking in. Wouldn’t you agree? All that said, I decided to take a leap, and link up to some holiday open house blog tours. Gulp. My little shabby nest is very simple in comparison to others, but I love it all the same, because it’s our very own. So come ‘on in!
Shhh, you’ll have to be quiet, because the twins are taking a nap by the tree. So tip toe softly, please.
Let’s hang your coat up, right here. So you can take a look around.
This is our b/w photo wreath of our family. I simply hot glued b/w glossy prints to a wire coat hanger. Tied it with a simple red & white ribbon, and hung over our entry mirror.
Here’s some close ups of the holiday wreath. (You will notice a trend of wreaths throughout the Nest :)
Here’s our tree all a glow. Love her. You’ll notice another wreath in the background over one of our stained glass windows. We have 2 stained glass window that frame our fireplace. I might add a fireplace/stocking pic later. But currently I am having to think of a “plan B” for the mantel, since the stockings are pulled every.single.hour. by you know who(s).
Day time shot of one of the windows.
Now, will move to our breakfast or everyday meal room. Basically, so you can see another wreath. :) I love simplicity. Especially in front of a window.
Here’s the same room but turned the opposite direction. My candy cane string to hold our Christmas cards. Way up high. Again, another plan B, so they wouldn’t be chewed. :)

Btw, we always have room for babies. We have plenty of baby stuff to go around. Kids are welcome to visit anytime. We love play dates. Here is a shot of highchairs, :) and from the kitchen looking in our front room. Did I mention our little Nest is almost 100 years old? It is.

More wreaths. :) And my pennant banner for this particular holiday, I decided to place in the kitchen window. Is it okay to say, I love my kitchen window? (I love to make a banner for every holiday or celebration. You can see some here, here, and here.) This particular one I made out of my decade old collection of vintage/recycled Christmas cards. I have tons more. I love them.
Here is another picture. Not the best picture, sorry.
And, around the corner next to the kids rooms we have our beloved Advent Calendar.

Now, since you toured our Nest, I will have to put you on our Christmas card list…here’s our Christmas card from last year. (This year’s card is still in the works…but I think this will do.)

The Front Side:
And, this was the Back Side:
Come back anytime. You are always welcome.
Linking up to the following:
See amazing ideas & inspiration from all of these links, I’ve listed below:
Visit The Inspired Room by clicking here
The Nesting Place- or click from the pictured link in my side bar on the right!!! Her tour begins on Monday Dec 14th.

Comments

Your home is just beautiful and I can see that it is full of love. I also love all of your wreaths and the picture one is so clever!

Thank you so much for giving this lovely guided tour of your home-hope I didn’t wake your little angels!

Best wishes, Natasha.

Can I get a to go cup with some egg nog for the ride home? Alcohol free of course..thanks for letting us come over! This is the best tour ever..and you don’t even have to clean up after we leave :) Your house is AWESOME..as I pictured it would be. My fave..the Christmas card candy cane strings to hang them from…what a great idea. I need to give a tour of mine one of these days…once it’s clean of course :)

I just LOVE the black and white picture wreath! It’s a great idea! And your twins are so sweet…I just want to kiss them all up while they sleep. :-) Thanks for stopping by Nesting instincts and I hope you come again. I love your sweet home.

Hi Kellie,

Your home is just gorgeous!! Thanks for letting us take a peek inside

I especially love the b&w wreath, what a great idea.

Thanks for dropping by my blog, you’re always welcome :)

Merry Christmas,
    Kym-Anne

i love peeking in other homes too! thanks for sharing yours with us. it looks so happy and inviting! i love the advent calendar. i spotted that at pbk this year and i’m hoping to get it after the holidays when it’s on sale, for next year. what a great tradition! any ideas on what to put in each pouch?

cute christmas card.

how did you get your twins to fall asleep like that? ella has only fallen asleep one time in a place other than her crib. that was a sweet picture.

elizabeth
    p.s. i’m making the peppermint holiday trees for work on tuesday. i’ll let you know how they turned out!

I am loving your home and all the wonderful decorations. Especially your picture wreath. What a wonderful idea. Your little ones are so cute napping by the tree. Don’t you just love the spirit that comes with this season. Have a Merry Christmas!

Your home is beautiful! Thanks for the tour, I love your photo wreath but I think my favorite part is the little angels by your tree-how sweet that is!

I am stopping by from the Nester tour. That picture of the twins sleeping by the tree is priceless!! I esp. love the christmas card from last year…chubby babies are the best! Thanks for the peek!

I stumbled onto your blog and loved your candy cane hangers so much that I duplicated them. I wanted to give you credit but could not remember the blog I had seen them on. My friend, Rhonda, was the one to point me in your direction. Come on over to my blog and have a look at what I created from scratch based on what I saw over here. Hope you don’t mind the liberties I took. http://pamandchuckbowers.blogspot.com/