“All the little details” about the craft room ~part 2

All or most of the “before” pics of the craft room (mess & all) are in it’s first post.  You can see Part 1, by clicking here.
This is part 2…
How we did it on a dime, scrap, or from the trash:
The peg board:
2ft x 4ft @ Home Depot for $3.88.
I painted it with a roller 3 times from our left over paint via Benjamin Moore ~ “Oceanfront
I purchased a peg accessory box from Home Depot, used a spice rack to store the craft paint, mini curtain rods to house the ribbon, and had a few flat sided buckets & trays to make it all work.
We used last year’s garden stakes to frame in around the back of the peg board so that it would rest an inch away from the wall.
This cubby unit, I have had for-ever!  It’s an old store fixture.  The blue pint mason jars I found on eBay, & labeled some of the jars with Zinc labels via Melissa’s shop (The Inspired Room’s Open Sky.)
I love the zinc tags paired with the blue mason jars.  Such a great vintage look.
Someone asked me. “Where in the world is your printer?”  So this pic is for you.  It’s just “nestled” in, but it works.  I for one, am glad it is not the first thing you see when you come in the room. ***you can also see the frame around the inside of the peg board in this pic, as well.***
My desk & chair we have had for about 4 years.  I earned the money for both by a 2 day garage sale.  I kid you not!  I love the desk & chair for the classic look.  The dry erase calendar is from Wal-Mart.  The ribbon bulletin board was $2.00 from an estate sale that I jazzed up a bit.
Now…for the cutest little framed pin cushion:
I love how this turned out! The frame is from the Liberty of London Collection via Target $3.99
I think this corner is my favorite section of the craft room.  It’s where vintage meets a little modern with a twist of trash junk to jewel thrown in.  Also, has a little family heirlooms as well. (the cedar library table,  large blue Mason canisters, & my Mom’s retro aqua sewing machine.)
My inspiration board is literally from the trash.  I did a separate post here.
My old boring brass tray table…before
AFTER!  with credit due to Krylon Ocean Breeze Blue spray paint for the table & the lamp below.
The window treatment, (in case you missed it the first time post, because it is worth a second mention) was made by me!!!  It is a NO-SEW roman shade found from Full House by the talented Little Green Notebook
I Am A Child of God poster found here.
This lamp was in the trash!  But I rescued her, years ago.  She has never looked so good. ;)
Here’s the low down on my wrapping unit.  We used a old closet pre-drilled shelving unit that was left from the previous owners of our home.  The hanger rail brackets worked perfectly for holding the rail & scraps of molding we had.  I prefer shorter rolls of wrapping paper, so the combination of everything worked beautifully together.  Plus, I have room for more when my inventory grows.
Down below the wrapping paper is where I house larger rolls of paper or shipping supplies.  It works perfectly for my needs & this space.  Not to mention it was FREE after using a little imagination.
Today, I had the pleasure of showing this room off to my Mom for the first time.  Who is my inspiration, teacher, cheerleader, my best friend, and the best DIY-er I’ve EVER known.  Yet again, I felt like a kid in a candy store showing off all my sweet, cheap, crafting treats.  I think I like this room more everyday, if that’s possible.  Thanks for allowing me to talk about it again.
Have a lovely weekend!

linking with: thrifty decor

Comments

Your craft room is so amazing. I love all the wonderful organization. Blue ball jars are my favorite. The pin cushion is a great idea and that lamp looks incredible. I’m having my second We’re Organized Wednesday on April. I would love for you to link your room if you get the chance. There’s a giveaway too.

This is fabulous. I love all of the vibrant colors you’ve used throughout the room. It’s just so cheerful.

I about choked on my potato chips when I saw your pin cushion picture frame. I just made 12 of those last week to sell at the market. Mine were in black oval metal frames. I’ll post about them one day I’m sure. I couldn’t believe someone else had my same idea. And I thought I was so smart! lol

The room is great. Love the colorful window treatment.

I want this room. I also am nuts about the liberty of London stuff. I was looking at some yesterday. The lamp shade too is L of London? Colors couldn’t be better, I just started collecting the jar, you know they have numbers on the bottom, I think for the months of the year you would can something. I bet you have all twelve.

Every detail, every single one is perfect!!! I love this room and I can hear the schreeches from your Momma when she first saw it!!! I actually have a little something for your office, not sure if you saw my email I sent. I can either send it to you or bring it to the Pearl Event (yeah). Email me if you have a sec. It’s just a little something but it goes with your room perfectly. Inspired to get my finishing touches done and do a post! Enjoy the weekend with you family :)
    xoxo
    Nancy

It is impossible to talk about how great this room is in a few short sentences. I love the glass jars for organizing. The pin cushion frame is too fun and creative. All of the colors. The way you created storage and organization in a beautiful way. You really did create function with beauty on this one.

okay never in my life have i seen a cuter pin cushion… i am totally making one of these for my mom for mothers day!!! this room looks great. heck i am even inspired by the pictures so i bet when you walk in the juices start ahflowing…. have a wonderful weekend.

I don’t know that I’d ever come out of there…it’s so cozy and functional. You really have an eye for making things lovely. I love all of the details that you shared…thank you.

well, you already know how much I love this room, i still want to move into it. each and every detail is perfection, when it is time to do my craft room you are going to have to come down and help. hope you are having a blast with your family.

Cha Cha

Kellie,
    Once again you did such an ineradicable job at transforming your craft room! I enjoyed seeing how it all came together and your how-to photos are awesome! You are the diva of DIY!

Best,
    April

I am so in love with that room. The best thing is that you gave us so many ideas we can use in our spaces, no matter how big or small!! I love, love, love it. Thanks so much for sharing your hard work!

Kellie I found your link at The Inspired Room. Your craft room is incredible. I love the “doable” and inexpensive ideas. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful ideas. I’m now a follower of your awesome blog! ♥

@ PATTY HIBBLE

the new LAMP SHADE is from Target via the LIBERTY of LONDON collection. tried to find you to reply personally, but no luck. hope you see this. ;)

****Someone else asked where the desk is from (forgot who on another blog)*****

the desk & chair are from a discontinued link at Office Depot believe it or not. we got an amazing deal. i want to say it is from a christopher lowell collection.
    hope that helps.

trying to comment back to everyone! thank you to all who have taken the time to comment!
    i’m thrilled you are here!!!

XOXO

Thanks SOOOO much for the inspiration! I was at a standstill to what to do to create a “workable” but comfy crafting area. Yours is perfect! I borrowed some ideas, I hope they turn out as beautiful..lol

Thanks again :0)

is my first visit to your nest. All I can say is WOW! WOW! WOW! I am bookmarking this article because I am getting ready to create my step-daughter’s bedroom that will be a combo bedroom for her /craft room for her and I. (she is with us part-time). I am in awe of your great ideas!!! I can’t wait to show this to her this weekend!!! You have SO inspired me!!! Thanks for the great ideas on a tiny budget! Just what I needed this morning. Found you from Melissa’s article on Inspired Room. But I WILL be back!!!

I found your cute craft room at Tatertots and Jello and am so glad I did! It’s hard for me to organize and it helps so much to visually see a space that is not only organized but adorable as well. I can’t wait to have a wonderful space like this one day! Thanks so much for sharing!

What great ideas! I’m excited to get my craft room up and going. Due to less space I have to settle sifting through boxes for my craft stuff but it’s nice to dream about.

I love this and I’m planning to borrow some of your ideas! My sewing table is in the corner of my living room so I have to keep it cute, and my computer desk/office is central to the house so I have to keep it cute, too — although I do have more leeway there as it’s a whole room that can be however I like it. I especially love the blue mason jars & the color of your pegboard!!!

So great! Peg boards are so functional and you made yours so pretty! And, I am in LOVE with blue glass mason jars right now!
    Have you had a chance to check out our little Challenge? It’s not too late to join. If you have a second, check in at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/ to learn more, and feel free to email me if you have any questions!
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog = your newest follower

I came across your page through Pinterest. Love your room and all you’ve done to it! I am getting ready to turn my son’s old room into MY craft room. :) I guess there is a silver lining to being an empty nester.