Valentine Confetti

I promise you’ll thank me later for this!  This Valentine Confetti is so good & addicting!

valentine confetti

Here’s the steps in pictures:

melt & combine with your favorite microwave popcorn
stir
=

Confetti Bliss!
Just so you know, popcorn, M&M’s & jelly beans rank really high in our house & are considered staples. I saw this recipe somewhere last year right after Valentine’s. For the life of me, I can’t remember where, but knew immediately is would be a huge hit in our house. It is heavenly. Well, that is if you like a salty & sweet combo – who doesn’t right???
For the record I used:
1 bag of M&M’s
*Almost* 2 bags of Orville Redenbacher’s microwaveable Tender White Popcorn
TIPS:
*Spread on large baking sheet to allow time to dry before placing it in bags.
*After I saw this last year, I realized this could be used for any holiday. Because M&M/Mars goes seasonal in color for every holiday.
Don’t ya just love it when a company is just as seasonal as us bloggers???
;)

Comments

oh my goodness. i LOVE to dump a bag of m&ms into my popcorn at the movies. this would just be too amazing. i am going to make it for sure!!!! maybe tonight. sooo cute. and i know it is going to be sooo yummy! thanks for sharing.

Whuuut!!! Kellie, this is a great idea, so going to make these Popcorn gifts! I am back into life again my dear. Glad to see all your fun posts from these past few weeks. Love the snow, the kitchen of your dreams, and your Christmas fun. Thanks for your kind words and prayers. :) Jennifer

This is absolutely adorable … and easy … which is the best combination in my book.

One little note: about a year ago, I choked on popcorn and my husband had to save me – I could not get a breath and it was very scary! Please watch little kiddos carefully when they are munching on popcorn!

OMG!! This is the best treat every and it is so simple and fast to make. And EVERYONE love it. I have made it a few times now and has been a huge hit with everyone – kids and adults alike! Thanks for sharing

This is good stuff! For those who asked, I doubled this recipe and I will have enough for 20 students (and my bags are not as stuffed as the picture here). And if you’re thinking of using red melts for creative freedom, I wouldn’t suggest it. Looks like bloody popcorn and you can’t see the m&ms as much :)

I am making this today for my 3 y/o son’s valentine party. I made ‘monster box’ that I also found on Pintrest so I am using multicolored m’s to go with it and bagging it tying with ribbon and calling it ‘monster munch’! My son is SO excited to take it to school! Thanks for the GREAT IDEA! :D

I just found this yummy treat on Pinterest and visited your blog and I love it! It is so GOOD and both my kids and husband loved it! I had to make double batches as only one batch gave me 5 bags filled about the same as in the pic! So two batches give you about 10 bags! These are my teachers’ treats from the kids for Valentine’s Day! Thanks so much for sharing!

10. Melissa says

This is a great recipe! I made a few substitutions: I used about 10 cups of air popped popcorn, a large bag of plain M & M’s, and about 8 oz of almond bark instead of the candy melts. It worked great, although next time I might use 1-2 more cups of popcorn.

11. Desiree says

I’m curious to know what flavored Wilton candy melts did you use as pictured? This is such a cute and clever idea! Might have to try this for my 3 years little Preschool Valentines party next week. Thanks in advance!

12. CupcakeKiller702 says

Nice idea. I even took it one step further and added in a small baggie of freeze dried strawberry slices because they look like heart shapes. Thanks for this! :)

13. Karen says

Made this for my piano students for a V Day treat and added a tag on the bag that said, “Because you play so sweetly….” Thanks for such an easy, child-pleasing idea!