a Tooth Fairy door

We were invaded the other night.
 Not even Buzz Lightyear & the Hut Huts (toy solider, as Mason calls them) were able to stand their ground against her.
You see, someone has had a loose tooth for a few days & could barely think of anything else ~ other than the magical tooth fairy.
So to build upon that excitement, I placed a tooth fairy door right by his bed a few nights before the “big event” took place.  I painted it yellow to go with his room & placed our address on the door.  We just learned that address & we’re trying to write it now on paper along with our street name.  So any opportunity to use that address, I take it.  Plus, I  think it makes the entire door look more masculine.
Sure enough, she arrived a couple of nights ago.
With tons of glitter & an old family silver dollar.
It was a big event for all of us.
FYI~ here’s the door before.
It’s a doll house door.  I used a coupon @ HobLob & got it for 40% off & I used these magical strips to hang the door.
I used my silhouette machine for the address, or if you don’t have a silhouette machine you could use the rub off number decals in the scrapbook section.
This entire idea was inspired last year by Sharnel at My Life My Loves.  When it’s Madison’s turn, I do plan on painting the door pink, like Sharnel did for her little girl.
~OR~
you can buy a door here.  *Made to order* with your own address customized to your own home.  In any color.
linking with:

Comments

We actually have 2 of our very own fairy doors in our house. Every time we move, the fairies move their doors into a new spot in our house. At night, my 3yr old says that she can hear the fairies playing in her room.

I love it!!!!

I think I might cry, you are my sweet sentimental friend. I can just imagine him telling his friends about how the tooth fairy comes through her own door at his house. You have made a lasting memory for that sweet boy of yours, he and those other two cuteies are so lucky to have you for their Momma.

I am thankful to call you friend.

Cha Cha

I think my Audrey will be doing this for her kids one day, she is drooling over it. Love that you have inspired my girl.

hi Kellie!
    First may I say that it is so nice to meet you, and thank you for your sweet, wonderful comment!!

This yellow door is just the cutest! Congratulations to your adorable son on his visit from the tooth fairy! And that coin, wow! What a lovely gift she brought for him;)

happy weekend to you and yours!
    best,
    joan

This is the cutest tooth fairy idea I’ve ever seen! I wish I could glue my son’s lost teeth back into his mouth, so that we could start over with one of these. I hope our fairies request a door in their next note (they always leave notes of encouragement with their gifts). I bet they will! Thanks for sharing!

I looooove this!! Our oldest is so eager to lose his 1st tooth (me, not so much!) but this is exactly what we are going to do for that special event. Yay!! Thanks for the great idea. I’m going to post on my fb wall and I’m your newest follower!

xo,
    Laurie :)

Oh. My. Goodness. ADORABLE!!! It will be a few years before our little one loses a tooth, but I’m putting this in my mental rolodex. Or maybe it could just be a general fairy door? For the fairies to come and sprinkle her with fairy dust so she sleeps well? So cute!!!

I had to smile when I saw the first picture with Buzz Lightyear because it completely reminds me of my (almost) 3 year old boy. :) I really love the fairy door. What a wonderful idea to use a dollhouse door! We’re putting big kid rooms together right now and it would be really perfect!

OH, my goodness! This is brilliant! My son isn’t quite ready to start losing teeth, but I can’t wait to do this when he’s ready! Love it! I’m going to add this to my blog’s To Do List and share on FB.

This is the first Tooth Fairy Door I’ve ever seen – so cute! So is there enough room behind the door to place the tooth between door and wall? Is that where the fairy leaves the money too??

I’m also a mom of B/G twins that will be turning 4 in June and their big sister will be turning 7 also in June.

Love from Texas! ~bonnie

I just found this on my search for tooth fairy ideas. We’re having our first tooth fairy visit next week, thanks to our almost-3-yr-old son having an injured tooth extracted. I LOVE the little door idea! So, so cute! Oh, and if you ever find yourself in need of good info on teeth, this Mom’s Guide has been super helpful to me during our tooth ordeal: http://www.1dental.com/moms-guide/. Thanks for this post. I’m getting really excited to be the tooth fairy for my first time! :)