How’s the short work week going for all of you? I know, us moms don’t really get a short work week, but I always try to have that mindset when a holiday rolls around!
I’m once again without my computer. I tell ya, the month of May cramped my style when it came to blogging & my etsy shop.
I didn’t want May to slip on by without acknowledging some major lessons I learned hopefully, for life. So here we go:
1. You will never be prepared enough for “Acts of God” when it comes to weather or disasters. Never.
2. If you are mad or holding a grudge against your neighbors, get over it & make amends quickly. You never know when you will count on them more than your family or friends when a major event takes place. We are so blessed to have awesome neighbors.
3. A neighborhood working together can make things happen. When we were without power for 6
days, I truly believe our entire street will say, that those 6 days may have been our proudest moments. Cutting & clearing the trees that had fallen. Neighbors helping neighbors.
4. There’s only so many days one should go without a shower. I set a new record.
5. Always stock up on PB, m&ms, candles & batteries.
6. Life is so precious. On the day of the tornadoes I was alone with the kids for the most
part. It was like the great Wizard of Heaven gave me all the bravery & courage I needed on that day. It wasn’t until a few days after I realized how much God was holding my hand while
I led my 3 kids down the basement with the other hand, several times that day.
7. Moving on to the other half of the month, our vacation – I never knew I had it in me to
ride a bike again after 20 years of not riding one at all! My legs were like jello & my rear
end was like…well, we won’t go there, but I loved it.
8. There’s nothing better than the beach.
9. I’ve gone the entire month of May without a 100% functioning computer & lived to tell about it.
10. And finally…my husband looks even hotter with a tan!