First Day of School Signs Free printables Pre-K – 12th

Goodness gracious, kids grow like weeds, don’t they?
I fell in love with this idea of having a sign for our oldest when he went off to kindy last year.  This year the twins are headed off to Pre-K & I thought, why not do all the grades so others may join in as well.
It’s absolutely amazing when you document these pictures & see how much they’ve grown.
It’s a simple way to mark the excitement of the new school year, and a perfect thing to add to their scrapbook or the family album.
It’s a classic but monumental moment in time that will mean so much as the years goes by.
Just call me a sentimental Mama that just sent all 3 off to their first day of school.  sniff sniff.
First Day of School Signs PreK - 12th.  Free printables via Nest of Posies - perfect for the "First Day of School" picture!

Remember, I’m clueless when it comes to making a pdf file.  So you’ll have to print these out the old fashion way.  You know, copy/paste into your picture files & print from there.  That’s what I did for the photos above & it worked perfectly using Picasa.
I do recommend using thick white cardstock when printing these out.
Just print, click a few pics & enjoy for years to come!
(this post is long, I made two options for each grade.  you know, for a boy & a girl ~ since I’ll be having both go through the same grade at the same time.  ;)
linking with:

Tatertots and Jello, Tidy Mom, Positively Splendid, Thirty Handmade Days, Tip Junkie, Today’s Creative Blog, Home Stories A2Z

I’m social as can be!  Are you?  Follow along if you like.

twitter facebook

Comments

Thank you SO much for posting these!!! Especially for FREE! My kids start school tomorrow and I needed to make a sign for all three of them. Of course, I was browsing Pinterest instead and came across your pin. They’re perfect for what I needed. THANKS AGAIN!

These signs are so cute and what a fantastic way to get that first day of school pic! My oldest just left for Army boot camp, so YES, our little ones grow up way too fast! Snif*Snif* Tweeted this!

3. Bridget says

Thanks for sharing these signs! I got a great picture of my son with the “Last Day of Pre-K” sign in the spring, and I have just printed out the “First Day of Kindergarten” sign to use in a couple of weeks!

4. Jennifer says

Hi. I was trying to print out your cute kindergarten sign but was unable to. Is there a way to make it bigger? Every time I try to copy and paste like you suggest, it is small… Was really hoping to use your sign. Maybe I can use for her next year when she starts first grade. Would really like to know how to do it. Thanks so much. :)

5. Kathleen says

Hi there, I printed the preschool one last year and it worked beautifully, however I’m having a little bit of trouble printing the kindergarten one. Is there any way you could possibly email me the girl kindergarten sign? My daughter starts school tomorrow and I LOVE your signs. Thank you in advance!

6. Regina Martelloni says

Hey there! Love your signs! I also have twins….Boy/girl and another boy. My twins are entering 7th grade and my other boy is entering 9th grade. I was trying to print out your signs and they come out small, not filling the whole page. Any suggestions? Thank you!! )

7. Jessica says

Thank you so much! I can’t wait to use them. By chance, did you make any Last Day ones that corresponded? I would love to be able to take a picture using the same design for the first AND last day to show her growth :)

1. [...] Back to school signs are all the rage this year.  Here are a few free web pages that allow you to print out signs for your child to hold as you take that first day of school picture.                                                                         http://savingslifestyle.com/back-to-school/first-day-school-signs/  http://www.ohsoprintable.com/free-back-to-school-printables  http://www.lovebakesgoodcakes.com/2013/08/first-day-of-school-printables.html  http://www.nestofposies-blog.com/2012/08/first-day-of-school-signs-free/ [...]