5 Free Christmas Chalkboard Printables to Deck your Halls!

I had some more fun over the weekend playing around with some Chalkboard Effects.
Are you planning on “Decking your Halls” soon?
Well, I’m sure most of us are…so here are 5 {FREE} printable versions for you to use in your home or give as gifts.  These were made with love & time, so please understand that they are for your personal use only.

I attached these 2 below, so you can see them a little more close up.
*Note:  my watermark will not appear in the downloadable file.*
Below you’ll find the printable files.  You may print from these or download the image(s).  It’s entirely up to you.  They were all uploaded as a 8×10 size & designed using Picasa.
To see how I create my Chalkboard Effect with fonts & ding bats for free, go here!
It’s my new favorite pass time.  (Not that I have time to pass, mind you. :)
Can’t believe it’s the holiday season!  Hope you enjoy these printables as you Deck your Halls!!!
Wishing you all a blessed Holiday season!

Planning on sharing or pinning?  I am so glad that you are!
As a courtesy, will you please link to this post in your pin or when you share & not directly to a downloadable file.  Please & thank you so much!

Linking with:

Tatertots and Jello, Tidy Mom, Positively Splendid, Tip Junkie, Today’s Creative Blog, A Glimpse Inside30 Handmade Days, Home Stories A to Z

I’m social as can be!  Are you?  Follow along if you like.

twitter facebook

Comments

I’d love to order this through shutterfly or similar instead of running all my ink. Shutterfly says the resolution is too low? Does anyone have experience printing through a company instead of their home printer? I’d love to hear any tips!

theyoungretiree {at} gmail

Kellie…thank you very much these prints are fabulous. When I was a little girl in parochial school all the Nuns would write “Glory to the Newborn King” across the blackboard on the last day of school before Christmas vacation. You took me back in time today.

To ‘The Young Retiree’ – I’ve put downloaded prints on my flash drive before and have had them printed @ OfficeMax, Staples etc. Sometimes they say they can’t do it but it seems to be the clerk’s choice and the prices have varied from $1 to $4…only ask when they are not busy for better luck.

Happy Holidays Everyone, Barbara

Was looking for something Christmas religious inspiration to write on my chalkboard when I came across you post. Don’t think I can print as well as computer generated fonts but you sure gave me some ideas! Thanks!

I love these! Thank you so much for sharing! But… What am I doing wrong? I am usually good at downloading things like this! I hit the arrow on the boxes above, and have saved these to my computer. However, when I went to order the 8×10’s at Shutterfly, it said the resolution wasn’t good enough. I could only get it to accept 5×7. Could someone help me out here?

thank you for sharing this info! YES, many people have mentioned that it says the resolution was too low, but Walgreens can print them out perfectly for you. i, personally printed them out on my home printer & they did just fine!

5. Jennifer says

OOPS!! Accidentally posted this on your other post…
    These are absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for sharing! I’ve been to the other page, and downloaded all of the fonts that were listed there (and Things We Said from above), but was hoping you might want to share the fonts used for each of the words “tidings”, “comfort”, and “repeat”. Thanks again!

These are beautiful and I am addicted too! I just learned to kind of play with the chalkboard effect in Picasa a few weeks back and have made some free printable gift tags with these tricks (http://christyscustoms.blogspot.com/2012/11/christmas-tags-chalkboard-effect.html). We just ordered Photoshop Elements so I am excited to see what tools it has as well! I LOVE how you can download straight from your post… I have so much to learn :) Thanks for all of the great inspiration!

7. alison1l says

These are super cute, but 612×792 isn’t an appropriate resolution to print an 8×10 correctly. They aren’t going to be crystal clear at that res, no matter what you do or where you send them. :o\

These are SO beautiful!!!! I can’t believe they are free downlaods! Awesome! Thank you!!!
    Any chance you would sell a higher quality copy? I have a HUGE wall and can never find anything perfect for it–these would work!

9. Marquita says

Thanks for posting
    I am seeing these chalkboard prints and love them but I am not understanding how I can use them.
    Do I print them with my printer download or take them to a printer to enlarge
    Want to do one and put up on my fireplace Thanks for your help.

10. Erin says

Hi Kellie, these are so cute. I’ve never download anything, what kind of paper do you use to print them out on? Also, if I may ask, how did you learn how to do this? I want to learn how to make my own printables, but I do have the first clue as to how. I don’t know what kind of program to buy, etc.,
    Thanks
    Erin

11. Shannon A says

Thank you SO much for sharing these gorgeous printables! I can’t wait to use them for a party I’m having this weekend. What size did you print yours for your Christmas mantel this year? Thanks again! ~Shannon :)

Love these printables and thanks for offering them free to us bloggers. I will be using one in my Christmas mantel decoration and will give you credit when posted and let you know. They are really nice. I took an 8×10 to Office Max and they enlarged it to 11×14 and a black and white copy cost 22¢. Happy with the results.
    Christmas Blessings.
    Audrey Z.
    Timeless Treasures

13. Linda says

Thank you so much for sharing these great printables. I am planning on framing them and making them gifts for family next year. Good for someone on fixed income. Take care.

14. Margie UK says

Hi Kellie
    Found these just too late for Christmas but I’m following you now so I will be able to see your lovely work. I’m going to save the chalkboards for next year though as I think they’re great!

15. Lauren says

Dear Nest of Posies: I wanted to download these chalkboard signs but the links to download are not on the page any longer. Can you please help me to be able to download these? I am following your blog now so I won’t miss anything else! Thanks so much for helping me.

16. Susan says

I realize your printables are for personal use only – but I stumbled on your site looking for chalkboard fonts etc to purchase for commercial use. Do you sell your designs on etsy or someplace like that?

17. Kelli D says

I love these – thanks for creating and sharing.

Question: Is there any way to re-size these to print to fit card a card front for an A2 sized card (5.5 x 4.5)?

18. Kristy says

These are precious! Can you tell me what the font is that is used in the word “Christmas, tidings and Glory” please? I have been looking for this font for a long time and can’t seem to find it. Thanks so much in advance for your help!

1. [...] Click here to download a FREE set of Christmas printables designed by creative blogger, Nest of Posies.  You’ll find 5 fun chalkboard-style designs that you can use in your home or give as gifts.  You can also find a quick tutorial (here) to learn how to easily blow these up to poster size for under $5.     [...]