All things Merry & Bright! add Twinkle lights to your hallway

Without question, this has been the best thing I’ve done all season.  And it took about 15 minutes.

Major discussions of Santa & his reindeer, what they want for Christmas & what they’re going to be for next Halloween have all taken place under these fairy twinkle lights.   Every time the twinkle lights turn on all the oooo’s & awwww’s can be heard.

It’s magical, I tell you.  And so relaxing to look at from the couch.

Just get yourself some of these:

And hang.  It.is.the.best.thing.   I highly recommend it.

Happy Weekend, Everyone!

p.s.  The post on the Chalkboard Wall in the hallway can be found here.

Comments

Absolutely love this, might try it with a nat of lights i saw, my question is where the heck did you plug it in, as I can only now imagine I am going to have a power lead running down the wall and across the hallway in search of a socket.

ha! great question. luckily, i only had to use one extension cord. the back of the hallway on the left hand side is my kitchen. i ran the extension cord around the framing of the doorway into the plugin for our fridge. it was an easy plug in.

Thanks – I will let you know how I get on, see if I can convince hubby to try it – wish me luck – we are currently still decorating as we have over 400 Santas that go all through the house and for a variety of reasons we are a little behind schediule.
    Merry Christmas to you and yours from our home across the big pond.

3. Katie says

So glad I came upon this idea today when looking at the Christmas Open House on the nester.com blog….just finished putting it up in our (what looks like) almost identical hallway. Can’t wait for the kids to see it tomorrow when they wake up! Thank you :)

What a wonderful idea for lighting up the hall way. That is great for any time of the year. What a beautiful blog. You have made many changes since I came last. I will have to make it a point to come back more often. Have a great day.

I love this idea. Did you place hooks in the middle of the ceiling too, kind of a random all over pattern? I can’t wait until Christmas to try this…we may have to do it for Valentine’s Day. Landon would be so in love with this!

i just placed hooks on the wall underneath the molding. none on the ceiling. like in a criss cross pattern, if that makes sense??? honestly, done in less than 15 minutes. yes, do it! so fun!

6. manda says

Thanks for sharing!! What a fun idea!! We have that exact same hallway set up – the bathroom door on the right and 3 bedrooms at the end. Its fun to see exactly how it would look.

7. danielle says

i am trying to figure out how to do this in my house….we only have one hall way and it is upstairs outside our bedrooms…thinking maybe the dinning room needs this done…i have the lights…i just need the hooks

8. Loving being a Wife says

I did this for my family one year they loved so much it stayed up for a couple of years. No one wanted me to take them down; not even my precious Hubby!! We now have them over our bed; it looks so lovely and romantic.
    ~Jilly