Summertime Floating Candles in a Jar

Summertime Floating Candles with Citronella Oil via Nest of Posies I’m a sucker for a burning candle.
They can cozy up a room in a heartbeat!  It doesn’t matter how big or small – they have the power to make you feel relaxed or make you remember a certain memory from their scent alone.  But you all already knew that!

Natural summertime scents to add to your floating candles in a jar via Nest of Posies

All I did was gather up some of my favorite Summer scents:  mint, lemon, lime, rosemary added some water & this citronella bug off oil to mason jars.  Then I added some floating candles.  Super easy!   This entire project from start to finish took less than 10 minutes.

summer floating candle in a jar via Nest of Posies

The smell is positively divine, but I love all things citrus & herbal!  The rosemary & mint combined with citrus is pure heaven!  Plus I also love the smell of citronella when it’s not overpowering.  But trust me, come July, I’ll be a walking citronella candle to repel the vampire bugs.  But note *I would never want to repel Edward!*

These candles are naturally beautiful with their earthy green & citrus colors, but with their evening glow they become the perfect addition to your porch or your home for the warmer months ahead.  I think they would even be fun to bring to a family cookout or a outdoor party.

If you like what you see, I would love to have you follow me on Pinterest!  Where you can keep up with my latest projects, tips or DIY inspiration!

Summertime scents floating candles in a jar (with citronella drops)

You may also like some of my other simple project ideas:

Fizz!  My new go-to low calorie drink that tastes amazing!

FIZZ!  My favorite refreshing, low calorie drink!
Dipped Votives via Nest of Posies
Dipped Votives!  A Dollar Sore Craft Idea

Comments

thanks, Bev! i love candles burning outside. we have major bugs in TN – so we always have some sort of citronella candle burning! ;)

Oh I love these Kellie! I have tons of rosemary in my garden and I always have citrus on hand… Must go buy some floating candles to recreate!

2. Rachel says

These look so lovely! Can’t wait to try them!! How long did your fresh citrus fruits and herbs last in the oil?

I hope this is OK, but I translated your idea and would liek to publich on my blog. Let me know if you are OK with it. I will give fully credit to you and your picture. Please let me know at my email. Thanks.

hello! the herbs just vary. for example, the rosemary – i just put in about 2 twigs. the twigs are for decor & smell, but you don’t want it to push the candle over. the candles were purchased at Michaels, a craft store.

4. Marjorie says

I have a question on the bug repellant jar, do you at controllable oil to this or are all the ingredients enough? How long does the jar last? How many uses will I get out of it?
    Thank you!

5. Michelle R. says

I’m trying to figure out the specifics to the Mason Jar Floating Candles. For example the amount of water and citronella, the size of the mason jar, lemon or lime and the floating candles. While I truly love this project it would have been nice to have more specifics included in the tutorial. I’m a pretty smart chick and can probably figure it out however, when your trying to make it for a gift it would be nice to know instead of buying everything and getting it home and realizing it’s not the right stuff or wrong size. I have several DIY projects on my Pinterest page and I included the sizes/amount of the items I used to make it easy for others to make and enjoy.. #IJS