This Bacon, Squash and Corn Blender Soup is one of my all time favorites to make!
I realize it’s still Summertime, and some of you may be thinking I’ve lost my marbles for sharing a hot soup. But truth be told, sometimes there’s nothing like the comfort of soup whether it be cold or warm outside!
This soup also uses most of the fresh ingredients you probably have from your Summer garden or things you can easily find in the farmers’ market. Or on the flip side – during the Winter you can purchase frozen corn or use your canned tomatoes. So it’s perfect for any season – really.
I LOVE to save time, and using just one stock pot for everything other than the blender, makes this so easy and a breeze to clean.
- 1-2 Tablespoons of EVOO
- 4-5 Medium Summer Squash - sliced
- 4 Shallots - chopped
- Corn from 3-4 ears or 1 1/2 cup of frozen corn
- 32 oz Chicken Stock (in a box)
- 3 tomatoes chopped or 1 can of chopped fire roasted tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 4 oz chopped Feta cheese
- 3-4 pieced of cooked bacon - chopped + some for garnishing
- a handful of fresh cilantro some for garnishing
- juice of one lime
- 1 cup of half and half
- chopped green onion for garnish
- In large stockpock or frying pan cook your bacon. Set aside bacon for later.
- Drain your bacon grease. If using a stockpock for frying your bacon, you may find you don't need as much EVOO. But once you're done with your bacon add and saute your squash, corn and shallots together until soft.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Add most of your rinsed fresh cilantro - leaving some for garnishing later.
- Add juice of a lime.
- Add your tomatoes. Drain the juice when using canned tomatoes.
- Now in a blender add all the ingredients from your stock pot into your blender. In addition add your half and half plus 1 cup of your chicken stock. Pulse until mix thoroughly. Should be much thicker than a bisque consistency.
- Once everything is blended together, pour back into the stockpot.
- Add and stir remaining chicken stock.
- Add your cooked bacon (leaving some for garnishing)
- Add your chopped Feta cheese.
- Stirring until it's all mixed together.
So easy, right?
Of course having bacon involved is always a good idea!
if you think the soup may be too thin, add more squash & corn to the blender