Who’s not a fan of butter? Well, I happen to think of butter as a separate food group. It goes and compliments everything! Every Spring when strawberries are in season I have to make my Homemade Strawberry Butter Recipe.
It’s one of the most simple things to make & it can dress up breakfast in a hot second or it’s fun to make a little extra and give as a neighbor gift.
- 2 softened sticks of unsalted butter
- about 5-10 strawberries depending on the size - chopped
- 1/4 cup powered sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons of Honey* - depending on taste
- In a mixing bow, place your softened butter, powered sugar, honey* and chopped strawberries in a bowl and beat together with a hand mixer.
- Let your hand mixer break up the strawberries even more, and beat until it's a true butter consistency with chucks of strawberries.
- add salt if desired
- serve immediately or store in air tight container (or jar) in the fridge.
Because this stuff is so good together!
Now the other thing my husband & I have been known to do is add some fresh basil & drizzle Balsamic Vinegar over the basil and devour an entire basket full of biscuits this way.
You might think I’ve fallen off my rocker (maybe I have) but trust me, it tastes so good together.
Try it & see if you like it!!!!
Either way you cannot go wrong with this Homemade Strawberry Butter Recipe. It is a keeper.
Balsamic can be very strong, so don’t overdue it. Just enough to make you want to hit the table & say, this is soooooo good!
Either way – you can’t go wrong!