You’re gonna either hate me or thank me for posting about these Extreme Peppermint Milkshakes! If you’re like me a few months ago when I first heard about these Extreme Milkshakes, you’re probably thinking I have lost my marbles. I mean, let’s go ahead & discuss the sugar coma that these #freakshakes are gonna bring to anyone. Let alone the kids, right? Well, I decided to drink the “very sugared koolaid” & join the extreme dessert cult. And since it’s the season of all things peppermint, I give you my own recipe for Extreme Peppermint Milkshake.
To be honest, I’m not really sure where the trend started. Maybe New York? At one of their dessert cafes, but I’ve been seeing them all over the internet and instagram. So I decided to give my kids a true shock & make these for them.
- Several scoops of your favorite ice cream
- approx. 1 cup of milk (this depends on how much ice cream you're using)
- approx 2-3 Tablespoons of Peppermint Syrup
- 1 Donut
- 1/2 cup of whipped topping
- 1 chocolate covered pretzel rod
- 1-2 pieces of Christmas ribbon candy
- In your blender, mix your ice cream, milk and syrup together to make your milk shake. Depending on how thick you like it, keep adding more ice cream until desired thickness.
- Pour syrup along sides of (mason) jar or serving glass before pouring your milk shake inside the glass.
- Pour your milk shake in glass
- Top with whipped topping or layer all your favorite toppings on top of your glass to make the ultimate extreme milkshake
The funnest part is seeing their eyes pop out of their heads when you make these Extreme Peppermint Milkshakes!
I picked up seasonal donuts for our local bakery & was able to find the Christmas Ribbon Candy at our Dollar General store. If you don’t have one of those you can also find the ribbon candy on Amazon.
You may also like:
My Homemade Chocolate Peppermint Syrup Recipe! So good with a mild peppermint taste.
Chocolate Peppermint Poke Cake. It’s the bomb diggity!