This is truly one of our family’s favorites dinner recipes. It is also my go-to recipe for something quick, hearty and comforting. This Cheesy Garlic Sausage and Bacon Carbonara never disappoints!
This recipe is for 1 1/2 pounds of pasta. We are a family of 5, and cooking a little more allows a bowl of leftovers for my husband's lunch the next day. If you also have growing boys in your household you'll understand why I make more.
- 5 Tablespoons of soft butter
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- 1 1/2 pound of spaghetti - cooked
- 1 lb of sliced smoked sausage
- 1/2 pound of bacon - after cooked cut into pieces
- 1- 2 teaspoon of minced garlic *depending on taste
- 1 cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 extra cup of Italian blend cheeses* (can be the mixed bag style in stores)
- please go to Tidy Mom's recipe (link above) to follow her instructions of Carbonara.
- to follow through with my recipe you'll also need to do:
- After you have fried your bacon and have started your water for the pasta, carefully remove some of your bacon grease and start sautéing your sliced smoked sausage. Once you have noticed some browning, flip sausages over and cook thoroughly.
- Once sausage is cooked move the cooked sausages to the side of the pan, reduce heat and add your garlic and blend in with your cooked sauage.
- Once you have drained your cooked pasta, you'll add the butter and cream mixture, add your crumbled bacon and cooked sausage with the garlic and then your cheeses over your cooked pasta.
- Follow Tidy Mom's instructions on how to prep your pasta for the sauce and cheeses.
- Tongs will be the utensil of choice when blending all the ingredients together. They're perfect to use for this recipe.