We’ve been eating this amazing Watermelon Salsa recipe all Summer long! It goes great with almost anything grilled or for just a main course as your lunch! As my regular readers know, I’m all about adding chips & dip to the main food group triangle, because to me there’s nothing better! Especially during the Summertime!
If you’re a chopping Ninja – than time will go by super fast.
Ever since then – I truly believe I’ve made it every week this summer. Because we love it that much!
- 4-5 cups of chopped seedless* watermelon
- juice of 1 lime - reserve a few slices for garnish*
- 1 finely chopped jalapeno with seeds or without - your preference reserve a few slices for garnish
- 1 medium yellow pepper chopped
- cilantro - chopped (about 1/4 cup give or take)
- 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt or sea salt - if you want a little crunch
- your favorite chips
- In a medium size mixing bowl (preferably one with a lid) mix all your ingredients together.
- I use a fork, and gently mix all the ingredients together. I typically add the juice of my lime right after I place the watermelon in the bowl, so that the flavors can start mixing together.
- After that add all the remaining ingredients.
- If you feel it needs more salt, add more.
- Same with the cilantro.
- The salsa is typically best when allowed to chill for a couple of hours before serving.
- Use the salsa within a day of making.
- Serve with your favorite chips!
The messiest part is of course, cutting the watermelon. I always use a large baking sheet to sit my watermelon on so that all the juice will stay in the pan. I swear by these Melamine Mixing Bowls with lids. I use them all the time, and they’re perfect for outdoor entertaining and storage in the fridge. But they’re great for this watermelon salsa to store in the fridge. Sometimes I place the salsa in a “prettier” bowl when I’m ready to serve it, or sometimes when it’s just our family – we eat it out of the mixing bowl. Because, well you know – that’s how my family rolls. For example…
You name it!
*this post contains affiliate links*